Local Partner: Haritika
Location: Chhatarpur, Madya Pradesh
Fundraising Goal: $17,800 we have reached our goal!
Project Activities: Our local partners have an integrated approach to rural development in the region of Madhya Pradesh. Improving the quality of life in this region, both physical and economic conditions, will encourage the local population to remain in the villages and support sustainable development as opposed to increased migration towards urban centres. The goal of this project is to increase access to water and sanitation while increasing knowledge of related hygiene practices. The following activities will be carried out to support this goal:
- Drilling and construction of a drilled well with pump house to compensate for periods of peak demand
- Construction of 66 household pour-flush latrines and wastewater soak pits
- Community mobilization through water and sanitation committees trained for maintenance, good hygiene practices, handwashing and other environmental issues related to safe water access
The community committed a portion of their own funds towards this project, further demonstrating their dedication to build and sustain their village.
Details for this Project:
1. Well and Pumphouse - completed to serve over 670 people
2. 67 Pour-Flush Latrines - completed for each household
3. 8 Mechanics trained and Village Committee established of 15 members along with a Children's Committee
Back to Completed Projects Listings